Living on campus is the easiest way to quickly become a part of the Avila community and to make friends. Avila offers four air-conditioned dormitories. Click here to visit the Residence Life web site.
The dormitories are located on campus and are open all year, including holidays. Living on campus gives you easy access to your classrooms, the library, and computer labs.
You will also be able to participate in the many campus activities such as plays, concerts, movies, sports events, and special performances which are all available to you FREE!
The many benefits of living in the dormitories include:
- Three nutritious meals a day, seven days a week
- Cable TV service in each room
- Free internet in each room (if you have a computer)
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Floor lounges with televisions and furniture on each floor
- Equipped kitchens on each floor
- Resident Assistant staff live on each floor to help you
- Dormitories are within easy walking distance to classroom and other campus buildings
- Safe and secure entry system
Avila University has four residence halls: Ridgway Hall, Carondelet Hall, Thompson Hall, and Avila Hall.
Ridgway Hall is a traditional-style residence hall with double rooms and a large center island for storage. This building includes great gathering spaces for students, including an Academic Outreach Center for evening tutoring support.
Carondelet Hall is an updated traditional-style residence hall with double rooms furnished with flexible furniture for maximum opportunities for arranging your space. This building also includes great spaces for students to hang-out and study, including the 24-hour computer lab.
Jeanne Collins Thompson Hall, known commonly as Thompson Hall, is a suite-style residence hall with four private bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a common space with kitchenette in each suite. This building includes a great gathering space right inside the front door for computing, making copies, and just visiting with friends. Returning residents had the first opportunity to live in Thompson Hall but the amenities, including the spirit deck for viewing sporting events, are open to all.