Avila would not be what (or where) it is today without the generosity of its alumni and friends. Our philanthropic history dates back to the early 1950’s when Margaret O’Rielly, a member of Avila’s very first graduating class in 1918, bequeathed $200,000 to the institution. That very generous estate gift was later utilized to purchase a 50-acre tract of land on Wornall Road, where the first buildings on the current campus were built in 1963.
This tremendous heritage of support is more important today than ever before as Avila continues in its mission of providing a values-based education and preparing a diverse student body for responsible lifelong contributions to the global community.
There are many ways to give to Avila including: